Just like the rooster and his farmyard friends in Chicks and Salsa, we're big fans of this delectable dip!
Inspired by the picture book, Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds & Illustrated by Paulette Bogan, here is our recipe for Guacamole!
A delicious, versatile dip, guacamole is a flavorful and healthy addition to a meal or snack!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1 large avocado
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
2 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
1/2-1 teaspoon of salt
1. Cut avocado in half, and pit.
2. Slice the avocado down the length and across the width to make cubes. Add avocado to the bowl.
3. Slice lemon in half, juice, and pour all juice into bowl.
4. Add cilantro, scallions, and salt and mix.
5. If you want, you can add a dash of hot sauce to taste, or a few cherry tomatoes for color!